Recent trend in orthopaedics teaching. Next level
Keywords:orthopedics, innovation, education
Orthopedics is a clinical discipline, closely related to theoretical knowledge of such basic subjects as anatomy, radio-logy, biomechanics. It is necessary to know them for a deep clinical understanding of the pathology of organs. The classic educational system does not meet the imperative of our time but still remains in medical universities. The rapidly developing information flow causes the improvement of information and communication technologies. Medicine needs an updated SMART educational system for the professional orientation of motivated Generation Z. These students want to get knowledge from modern electronic textbooks, interactive lectures, virtual patients, workshops and training, etc. The analysis of new generation thinking capacities requires reforms in the educational process to maintain the competitiveness among medical universities in the education and labor market. Ignoring the current educational trends and SMART education, we negate students’ optimal absorption of ever-greater information. So, to create a new medical educational format, we need to pay attention to modern requirements and implement new ways of communication and translation information. The implementation of educational trends in the pedagogy of the basic discipline supports a spatial imagination in future doctors that provides professional mastery of clinical skills in orthopedics. Nowadays, various modern educational platforms AMBOSS, Lecturio, Prometheus, INgenius, etc. help to form pieces of knowledge in the fundamental disciplines. It allows fresh medical students with clip perception to study the various specializations much more easily. Author courses making, distance learning, gamification of medical education, a personalization of student learning, and enhancement of student mobility should become an integrative step into the international space. The speculative disregard of Z-generation's thinking oppo-ses the medical education development strategy. There is no reason to expect practically focused future specialists without an upgrade in the educative system.
Rezantseva V. Smart education as a new type of education system. [Internet] Avaiable from: https://knute.edu.ua/file/NjY4NQ==/4ce2164e98881e82955393871be6013d.pdf
Zarembo К. Ukrainian generation Z. Kyiv: Fridrich Erbert Foundation , 2017. 140 с.
Klyhunenko Е.N., Ekhalov V.V., Kravets О.V., Kushch Е.А., SedynkynV.A. Clinical and Clip-in Thinking in the Process of Interns Footwear. Dnipro Emergency medicine, № 6 (93), 2018. 23 с.
David Stillman. Generation Z at work. Mann, Ivanov and Ferber., 2008. 272 с.
S. М. Sobolieva. Clip thinking as a socio-psychological phenomenon and its role in students' educational and cognitive activity. Theory and practice of modern psychology, № 3, 2019. 5с.
Hordon Draiden, Jannett Vos. Revolution in education . Moscov: Parvine, 2003. 649 с.
М. Levin How technology will change education: five major trends [Internet]. Avaiable from: https://www.forbes.ru/tehno/budushchee/82871-kak-tehnologii-izmenyat-obrazovanie-pyat-glavnyh-trendov)
О. М. Kasianova, К. І. Bodnia. Simulation training in postgraduate medical education: theoretical and practical sides [Internet] Avaiable from: .http://promedosvity.in.ua/?lang=en&p=2454
Iryna Sovershenna, BYOD a conseption if IT-політики in business and education. [Internet]. Avaiable from: https://knute.edu.ua/file/NjY4NQ==/4ce2164e98881e82955393871be6013d.pdf
Т. Buzan, В. Buzan. The Mind Map Book: how to use radiant thinking to maximize your Brain's untapped potential. London: BBC Boks, 1993.
ARTHRO Mentor. 2015. [Internet]. Avaiable from: https://vimeo.com/122987966
. Crisalix for Surgeons. 2016. [Internet]. Avaiable from: https://vimeo.com/153819148
AO/OTA Fracture and Dislocation Classification. AO Foundation [Internet] AO Foundation. January 2018. Avaiable from: https://www.aofoundation.org/Structure/resource/AO-OTA-Fracture-Dislocation-Classification/Pages/AO-OTA-Fracture-Dislocation-Classification-Long-Bones.aspx
Panteleimon Pantelidis, Angeliki Chorti, Ioanna Papagiouvanni, Georgios Paparoidamis. Virtual and Augmented Reality in Medical Education Technique [Internet] IntechOpen . December 20th 2017. Avaiable from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/medical-and-surgical-education-past-present-and-future/virtual-and-augmented-reality-in-medical-education
Marwen Eid, Carlo N. De Cecco, John W. Nance, Jr., Damiano Caruso. Cinematic Rendering in CT: A Novel, Lifelike 3D Visualization Technique. [Internet] .American Journal of Roentgenology 2017. Avaiable from: https://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/AJR.17.17850
Evelyn Dappa, Kai Higashigaito. Cinematic rendering – an alternative to volume rendering for 3D computed tomography imaging. [Internet] . The National Center for Biotechnology. Avaiable from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5110476/#__ffn_sectitle
The Learning Scientists [Internet] . Listening to Music while Studying: A Good or a Bad Idea? 2017. Avaiable from: http://www.learningscientists.org/blog/2016/11/101
Tetsworth, Kevin D.1; Mettyas, Tamer. Overview of Emerging Technology in Orthopedic Surgery: What is the Value in 3D Modeling and Printing? [Internet] Ingenta Connect. 3, September 2016. Avaiable from: https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/wk/bto/2016/00000031/00000003/art00002
Mark Karadsheh. Proximal Third Tibia Fracture [Internet ] Orto Bullets - 1/28/2019. Avaiable from: https://www.orthobullets.com/trauma/1044/tibial-plateau-fractures?expandLeftMenu=true
Liu ZJ1, Jia J1, Zhang YG1, Tian W1, Jin X1, Hu YC1. Internal Fixation of Complicated Acetabular Fractures Directed by Preoperative Surgery with 3D Printing Models [Internet] PubMed, 2017 May 26. Avaiable from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28547894
Shyshkyn V.B. Holubev V.G.Preoperative planning in traumatology and orthopedics using 3D computer reconstruction and modeling technology [Internet] Modern problems of science and education, 2015. - Avaiable from: https://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=21636
Copyright (c) 2020 TRAUMA
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.