Experience of Operative Treatment for Proximal Tibial Metaphyseal Fractures in Patients with Polytrauma
Keywords:polytrauma, osteosynthesis, proximal tibial metaphyseal fractures
An analysis of data obtained from 52 patients with polytrauma and proximal tibial metaphyseal fractures, who were treated in our clinic for 2009–2013, was carried out. Proximal tibial metaphyseal fractures were mostly associated with craniocerebral trauma and chest injury. To assess the severity, we have used anatomical РTS scale as most quick and easy one for the assessment of patients with polytrauma.
In our study, we have classified proximal tibial metaphyseal fractures by classification of Schatzker and AO/ASIF.
Currently, there are many ways to manage these fractures, but optimal treatment strategy for this type of injuries in polytrauma hasn’t been developed yet.
Гиршин С.Г., Лазишвили Г.Д. Коленный сустав: повреждения и болевые синдромы. — М., 2007. — С. 231-236.
Казанцев А,В., Голубев В.Г. Пластика дефектов губчатой кости пористыми опорными имплантантами при переломах плато большеберцовой кости // Вестник травматологии и ортопедии им. Н.Н. Приорова. — 2005. — № 1. — С. 19-23.
Профилактика развития деформирующего артроза при лечении оскольчатых внутрисуставных переломов проксимального эпиметафиза большеберцовой кости Метод. рекомендации / О.В. Оганесян, Г.А. Кесян, Р.З. Урзагельдеев и др. — М., 2005. — 19 с.
Фукалов А.Ю. Оперативное лечение переломов мыщелков большеберцовой кости с нарушением конгруэнтности суставных поверхностей: Автореф. дис… канд. мед. наук. — Пермь, 2006. — 22 с.
Barei D.P., Nork S.E., Mills W.J., Coles C.P., Henley M.B., Benirschke S.K. Functional outcomes of severe bicondylar tibial plateau fractures treated with dual incisions and medial and lateral plates // J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. — 2006.
Bozkurt M.,Turani S. The impact of proхimal tibia fractures in the prognosis of tibial plateau fractures // Knee Surg. Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. — 2005. — 13. — 323-328.
Сole P.A., Zlowodzki M., Kregor P.J. Treatment of proximal tibia fractures using experience and clinical results in 77 fractures // J. Orthop. Trauma. — 2004. — 18. — 528-535.
Copyright (c) 2016 TRAUMA
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.